Massachusetts Horsemen's Council
Nominate Your Friends for an Award at the 2018 Days of Champions
Submissions are due July 1, 2018
Horse/Pony of the Year: If you have, or know of, a Horse/Pony that is being retired, or one that has distinguished himself/herself in the show ring, carrying a rider or a history of riders to the top of the show world, or any other deserving reason, we ask for your nominations and a brief reason and biography.
Person of the Year: Annual Person of the Year Award is meant to recognize someone in the equestrian community who has helped grown to the sport, fostered education and learning to our youth.
Sportsmanship Award: This award is meant to recognize that special individual whether he/she be an adult or junior rider, trainer or parent who best exemplifies the finest in horse showing and supported graciousness. Please send your nomination along with a brief biography.
MHC Board Member
The Board supports the work of the Massachusetts Horsemen's Council and provides mission-based leadership and strategic governance. While day-to-day operations are led by elected Committee Heads (i.e. eCommerce & Marketing, Banquet, Scholarship, Horse Shows) the Board and Committee Heads relationship is a partnership, and the appropriate involvement of the Board is both critical and expected. Board members are the fiduciaries who steer the MHC towards a sustainable future by making sure the MHC delivers on it's mission to our members.
- Regularly attending the MHC Board meetings each year located in Milford, MA.
- Volunteers for and willingly accepts assignments and completes them thoroughly and on time.
- Stays informed about USEF, USHJA, NEHC and other committee matters and prepares themselves well for meetings.
- Attends either the MHC Days of Champions or the MHC Pleasure Classic and helps with tasks delegated by those committee leaders.
- Approving the MHC's annual budget, audit reports, and material business decisions.
- Ensuring MHC’s commitment to a diverse board and staff that reflects the many different equestrian communities that the MHC serves.
- Passionate about improving opportunities to riders in MA including but not limited to improved horse shows, year-end award incentives, etc.
- Applicants can be an active amateur, professional, family or friend (but not a junior) to the sport.
- Applicant's must have been an active MHC member a year prior to his/her taking office.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of MHC's beneficiaries as well as MHC Horse Shows.
- Extensive equestrian experience in the USA. Experience with the equestrian circuit in MA is recommended.
- A commitment to and understanding that the work we do is to benefit riders in the state of MA of all breeds and disciplines.
- Diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals.
How to Apply:
Send an email to Felicia Knowles expressing your interest at [email protected].
Candidates should attend a board meeting in person.
Candidates can expect to be interviewed by the board.
Welcome to the Massachusetts Horsemen's Council
Welcome to a community of people just like you. The Massachusetts Horsemen's Council (MHC) is comprised of horse lovers of all breed and disciplines with a focus on Hunter/Jumper, Equitation and Pleasure styles of riding. Whether you are interested in the MA show circuit, the MHC Finals, our higher education scholarships, marketing & communication internships, or our year-end banquet we are here to support and guide you every step of the way.
MHC membership extends beyond the finals.
New for 2019! Get to hear from the 2019 MHC judges, Robin Rost Brown and Otis Brown, on what they are looking for in the winning rounds at the 2019 MHC Days of Champions. Robin was last year’s USEF Medal Finals Judge and won the USEF Medal Finals in 1974. Otis “Brownie” Brown is a revered and seasoned judge and clinician. He has judged venues include WEF, Ocala, HITS, etc. Thank you to Fran Dotoli for organizing this great opportunity for MHC members. Food and Refreshments will be offered during the event.
When: Thursday, September 26th from 5:00 - 6:00pm.
Where: The stands in the indoor arena.
2019 Sponsorship & Program Ads
All ads and sponsorship's for the 2019 Days of Champions are due August 30th. If you would like to place an ad for your barn or junior in their last year, etc., please contact Felicia at 603-502-3325 or [email protected]
How to Enter the 2019 Finals:
How to Enter the 2019 Finals:
1) Enter online at horseshowing.com. DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES IS 9/8/19.
2) You must mail the stall reservation form and one open check per rider to Charlene Brown. Please specify rider name in the notes section. DEADLINE FOR STALL RESERVATIONS & CHECKS IS 9/8/19.
22 Southmayd Street Phone: 401-849-2696 Fax: 401-848-2985
Newport, RI 02840 Email: [email protected]